Welcome! This blog is part of the annual "International Fake Journal Month" contest which runs during April each year. For April 2011 I took on the identity of a fictional character, Miss Lili Ann Percy, in my daily journaling and posted pages from her journal in this blog. Lili is a 36 year old Manhattanite and professional furniture designer who chucked it all to move to a small island off the coast of Florida. To enlarge pictures simply click on them. Please enjoy Lili's ponderings.......

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

JOURNAL ENTRIES #1 & #2


APRIL 2nd


SERENDIPITY--NOUN:  THE OCCURRENCE AND DEVELOPMENT OF EVENTS BY CHANCE IN A HAPPY OR BENEFICIAL WAY

----------

Today I have to plant my feet back on the ground, dig in, and unpack this pile of boxes sitting in the living room.  I'll do as much as I can do having no furniture to store anything in.  All I have in here so far is my bedroom set, a couple of lawn chairs and a makeshift kitchen table.  I'll gladly make do with that for now.  I can't wait to paint the walls, though!  Then I'll think about real furniture.  Wish I could decide on style and color, but for now......well, all things in due time.

Oh Journal, I'm so glad I'm starting you exactly at the beginning of my new life and that I ended my last journal only a few days before the move.  It was serendipity and it was at play again when Mr. Tibbles called to say I could get in the cottage ten days early.  I have a feeling he's going to be a very nice landlord, thank goodness.

Those extra ten days gave me time paint my bedroom, unpack some clothing and set up my art supplies.  Now I feel settled in, which wasn't hard to achieve in this cozy and adorable cottage.  It felt good to unpack my paints, pens, pencils and all the artsy things I need to express the joy that's in my heart these days.

I feel as though the gray of the New York winter has been lifted and bright colors are pouring in.  Oh, I love it!!!



The Job Ahead



APRIL 1st


DREAM--NOUN:  A CHERISHED ASPIRATION, AMBITION, OR IDEAL; BIGGER AND BETTER THAN COULD BE REASONABLY EXPECTED

----------

Well, hello journal and Happy April!  Its a beautiful time of the year to begin a new chapter in my life.  Best of all its April 1st, but this is no April Fool's joke.  Bokeelia Island, here I am!  I still have to pinch myself every now and then to make sure this dream is real.

It's been a long time coming.  Ever since I visited Grandmother here back in the 80's, its been a dream of mine to live permanently on this Florida Island sitting in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.  Now at 36 with a self-imposed retirement I'm ready to enjoy it to the fullest.

It was so nice of Robin and Mother to give me this fabulous camera as a going away gift.  There are so many beautiful things to take pictures of here.  Bokeelia Island, even the name sounds beautiful.  I can't wait to photograph it, paint it, and lay on the beach!  Sun, sand and aqua waters--they're everywhere!!  

WELCOME TO BOKEELIA ISLAND!


One of The First Things I Saw on Bokeelia Island





Here it is.  April 1st!  And, I'm beginning a new journal along with my new beginning....


Journal Cover

6 comments:

  1. Nice work! Are those watercolors? or acrylics? very nice! I want to be THERE!
    Ciao- fellow IFMJ'er

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to make a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeanette and Densie. They are watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judi - I can't wait to see more of you new life by the sea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Joan. Fun to see you "over here". ;-)

    ReplyDelete