Welcome! This blog is part of the annual "International Fake Journal Month" contest which runs during April each year. For April 2011 I took on the identity of a fictional character, Miss Lili Ann Percy, in my daily journaling and posted pages from her journal in this blog. Lili is a 36 year old Manhattanite and professional furniture designer who chucked it all to move to a small island off the coast of Florida. To enlarge pictures simply click on them. Please enjoy Lili's ponderings.......

Friday, April 29, 2011

JOURNAL ENTRY #27

PARTY--NOUN:  A SOCIAL GATHERING OF INVITED GUESTS, TYPICALLY INVOLVING EATING, DRINKING AND ENTERTAINMENT; LIVELY GATHERING


----------

Oh, what a great party it was!  Almost everyone I know on the Island so far was there and I got to meet lots of new and interesting people, as well.  What a night!  It was fabulous to have Robin there with me.  She was reliving her pre-motherhood days and had quite a time for herself, too.  Oh, and those lobsters were so fresh and so delicious.  Just a spectacular night in every way.  

I had the opportunity to spend quite a lot of time with John.  I really like him.  Robin agrees and thinks he's more than worth my time and attention.  He invited me to go on his boat next week for an island picnic to nearby Boca Grande.  It's a beautiful island that's been left untouched and is well known for shelling and wonderful photographic opportunities.  Mister Gorgeous told me all about it.  On the down side, however, he got his long hair cut short!  BOO HOO.

Next week will be a busy week.  Robin and I will drive Roz to the airport tomorrow morning.  It's been so nice getting to know her.  I hope she really does return one day as she says she will.  Sadly, Robin will be leaving on Tuesday morning.  I'm going to miss her so much, but Dan and the kids are missing her more, needless to say.  All good things must come to an end, I suppose.  But, you definitely don't have to like it.  Missing my family is the one negative aspect of being here so far away from them.  Thank goodness for visits.  Speaking of which, Tyrone phoned today to say he will be here on May 10th!  

This Wednesday afternoon I'll begin working at the ice cream shop.  I'm looking forward to that.  It will put an extra sprinkle in my life.  Ha ha, I'm so clever.  :-)  And, any day now I WILL begin painting my walls.  Maybe if I say it often enough it will really happen?

Partying is great fun, but now I'm going to join Robin and Luther back in the cottage for some serious sleep...zzzzzz.

Opps, before I go these are the party people, my cast of characters, from left to right in the picture below:  Lobster chef Brian, Maureen, Roz, Lynne, Me Lili, Robin, and John


The Party

No comments:

Post a Comment