Welcome! This blog is part of the annual "International Fake Journal Month" contest which runs during April each year. For April 2011 I took on the identity of a fictional character, Miss Lili Ann Percy, in my daily journaling and posted pages from her journal in this blog. Lili is a 36 year old Manhattanite and professional furniture designer who chucked it all to move to a small island off the coast of Florida. To enlarge pictures simply click on them. Please enjoy Lili's ponderings.......

Sunday, April 17, 2011

JOURNAL ENTRY #14

ROSE--noun:  a prickly bush or shrub that typically bears red, pink, yellow or white fragrant flowers; are widely grown as ornamentals

----------

Mr. Tibbles stopped by to fix a window today and brought these two roses from his wife's garden.  They are extremely difficult to grow here in South Florida, the intense heat and sunshine won't allow for it I suppose.  I have to say that I miss the Northern spring already.  Heather sent me a picture of the big magnolia tree outside her apartment window today.  It's almost ready to bloom.  Even fewer plants than would be normal for Florida grow here on Bokeelia because of the sandy soil and salt air.  I'm adapting, though!  :-)

"Motivation is when your dreams put on work Clothes"

Read that today.  Its inspiration for getting busy with these rooms now that I have my "decorating dream" in place.  Any day now....yes, any day.....



Mrs. Tibbles Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment