Welcome! This blog is part of the annual "International Fake Journal Month" contest which runs during April each year. For April 2011 I took on the identity of a fictional character, Miss Lili Ann Percy, in my daily journaling and posted pages from her journal in this blog. Lili is a 36 year old Manhattanite and professional furniture designer who chucked it all to move to a small island off the coast of Florida. To enlarge pictures simply click on them. Please enjoy Lili's ponderings.......

Friday, April 8, 2011

JOURNAL ENTRY #7

PERFECTION--NOUN:  THE CONDITION, STATE OR QUALITY OF BEING FREE OR AS FREE AS POSSIBLE FROM ALL FLAWS OR DEFECTS  


----------

The deck at the back of my cottage is more glorious than any resort I've ever been to.  I have to pinch myself to make sure it's not a dream when I'm sitting there.  This morning a flock of ibis were playing in the sky for what must have been 10 minutes.  They were in a group formation and somehow knew just when their leader was going to change direction.  

The bright white wings caught the sun when they all changed direction at the same time.  Then they'd glide in that direction for a few moments and suddenly all turn together again.  Lovely.  Sometimes they seemed to practically disappear because the angle they were facing obscured their wings.  Next, like a big white flag, they'd all turn and be bright white again.  Then they skimmed the water, turned and headed upward only to glide back down again.  Words are just not coming close to describing it.  I'll never forget this morning's "Ibis Show" if I live to be 100.  Did I think to grab my video camera?  Of course not!  


Well, after I enjoy these warm, soft breezes and this beautiful view a bit longer I've decided to head out and look for some sort of fun island job.  Maybe I'll revive my sterling career as a waitress.  I actually enjoyed doing that a lot while I was in college.  Sometimes I think I had to use my mind, and certainly my people skills, more often doing that than I did in my "real" career as a furniture designer!


My Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment